trying to test a diffrent way of rearing betta frys

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mademan2

AC Members
Mar 11, 2006
Honolulu Hawaii
ok almost everyone are doing the old way, pouring infusoria or microworm in the tank 3 days after the frys hatch. this time im trying to see if my formula will work, i cycle a 5 gallon tank with water and live plants and with a hydro 1 sponge filter for one whole month without any betta pair in it, now the water has already been age and infected with infusoria and small white looking worms ( a little longer than the infusoria ) in it, you can actually see the top and the side of the aquarium water covered with infusoria, so now time to throw in my pair of crowntails, once the fry hatch, i will not feed them till thyere big enough to eat "Atison's Betta Fry Starter" around 3 weeks or so,
i wanna see how many percent of the frys will make it, knowing the aquarium water are filled with infusoria food, i also have a 10 gallon tank
filled with live plants being cycle for a month and also filled with infusoria, its a back up water when i need to change the fry tank's water, that way the water that im adding also infected with food.

so now i wanna see how successful this technique will be.

mademan2

AC Members
Mar 11, 2006
Honolulu Hawaii
well i have 10 frys that made it, but its a little bit too late cause the water from this one is not as age as the other and no infusoria at the time of hatching, but i use a cycled aquarium water infected with infusoria to change and add water into the fry tank, now they are big enough to eat Atison's betta fry starter. and they already pass 20 days.by just looking at it, the 10 surviving frys will most likely make it to adult. theyre pretty big now and you can see them in far distance.

now the more aged aquarium water is ready for my pair of Halfmoons, so this water is already infusoria infected, so i shall see if more frys survive on this one once they spawn.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store