feeder guppies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

O-man21

30 FW, 6 SW, 2.5 SW
Dec 3, 2002
Des Moines, IA
Yes their fine fo you are sure their healthy or you raised them yourself. You need to feed them like quite a few to get a large oscar full.

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
i breed guppies, platys and blue acaras, my brother just got his convicts to pair off so i have tons of live food to feed my fish. i breed/raise the guppies and platys for my blue acaras and the convict babies will be traded to my brother 4 acara babys and we will feed each other babies to each others fish. that works for me.

it probably would be cheaper in your scenerio to just buy feeders(i dont recommend it tho cause of the risk of disease) or to just use pellets , fish do not need to be fed feeders to be healthy, i just like to feed feeders to see the fish eat them cause its kool.

Anton Wernher

AC Members
Feb 24, 2002
NC
Only a very small part of the oscars diet is made up of fish in the wild(there are numbers out there that show how small). I would stick with prepaired foods and other "feeder" options such as worms and crickets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store