Any easy anemones?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

105man

AC Members
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
I have a 16 gallon tank with two perculas and a bicolor pseudochromis, aragonite sand, a powerhead, good filtration and compact flourescent light. Although the tank is well established, there is no skimmer or sump, or live rock, and no corals. The three fish have done well now in the tank for 2-3 years.

Was wondering if anyone feels I could try an anemone of some sort and, if so, what type would you recommend?

Thanks.

Pufferpoison

Like a dolls eyes
Feb 6, 2006
aiptasia anenomes are easy :)

mermaiden78

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Real Name
Dana
I have a condy in a 10 gallon with 96W PC and some say that I am pushing it! You need alot more light than that !!!!!!!!!

yamanjazz

The Wizard of OZ
Mar 9, 2005
Missing In Action
Id have to agree with whats been said above, BTA are not easy but they are easier than others. If you keep up good water quality and give it enough light everything wshould go well. I just want to add that BTAs are beautiful.

mooman

Scratch my belly Human!
Mar 8, 2005
Columbus, OH
What about a rock anemone. Needs very little light. Not very motile. The clowns won't host in it, but from what I hear if they were tank raised they they probably won't host an anenome anyways. It would still give you that clownfish/anemone look.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store