Eheim 2026 Professional II - Instruction Manual + Problem

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fsh~WithNoEye's

Fashmaster
Apr 27, 2006
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Hello all,

I have a Eheim Professional II 2026 model filter on my tank.
Bought it all second hand and have no instructions on the filter and how it works.

Would someone be so kind as to point me to where I can get some or even scan and email them to me: neilwlindsay@gmail.com

Also,
Since setting up my Eheim it has developed a rattle coming from the top of the canister. I think it's air, as when I press the priming plunger during operation air is expelled from the spraybar, it goes quiet for around 10second and then begins to rattle again.

Possible once I get some instruction and find out how to worki it I may be able to cure this problem.

Is the grey lever in between the inlet/outlet hose a valve to control flow ?

One other question;
Can an external eheim heater be used with the 2026 and if so which model is recommended ?

Any help very much appreciated,

Regards

The Fsh with no eye's !

Last edited:

bookpile

Registered Member
Apr 28, 2006
Hi,

I just bought a used 2028 and had the exact same problem. I have a copy of the manual but it's not going to help you with this problem. I was thinking the same thing that I had air in the line. It's possible that you're sucking air in around the gasket on the top. You could try replacing it or smothering it with vasoline.

I discovered that my impeller was worn out. I did this by pulling it out and lubing it up with vasoline. This significantly quieted it down. So at this point I spent $16 and ordered a new one from big als.

Mine also forced out bubbles when i pressed the prime button. Also that gray lever is a flow control. You can tell by the little float ball how much flow you're getting.

bcworld

Registered Member
Oct 9, 2006
Hi
I am assuming that you have just set the filter up and started it up as you will get a Rattle until you prime the unit.

this is due to no water flow through the unit. pumping the filter will bring the water through and it will flow correctly and the rattle should stop.

Another reason caould be you have the filter lid on the wrong way round.

yes the Leaver is to control the flow rate.

Any external hater can be used, as it does not actually attach to the filter in any way it is placed in the tank

j_chicago

Usually Drunk
May 12, 2007
Chicago, Il
Real Name
Jason
holy old thread, perhaps they updated the website in the last 2 years gimincorp

masterkaw

AC Members
Apr 12, 2007
I have to agree with Bookpile. I'm pretty sure the impeller is worn. If you take the impeller out, one or both rubbers on the end of the ceramic shaft are worn. Probably the best thing to do is to buy a new impeller. I bought a 2026 and had the same problem. I didn't want to spend any money on it, so I added a small bead of silicon inside the hole where the rubber sits in (on both sides). I then put the impeller in and let it dry. The problem was fixed. I still suggest at least buying the rubber pieces.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store