I know I am asking for it now!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spankey

AC Members
Dec 21, 2001
Boyertown, PA
I set up TWO ten gallon tanks today for breeding and propagating plants... The only light I had lying around was a 4 foot shop light.... I have the tanks at each end of the light so theres a 7 inch gap between the tanks that I have jars with other plants in them to suck the light as well..

I have in it right now an ultra daylight bulb and the normal GE Plant / Aquarium bulb right now... I do not have a single balast light fixture, and did have the shop light and the bulbs lying around. So I put them to use....

So I am figuring even with the 7 inch breakup they are still getting close to 4 watts per gallon.... OMGosh.....I must be out of my mind...:rolleyes: I can hear the algae gods laying thier egss right now as I type this post...... "Ready or not here we COME "

Guess I have to save up for seperate light fixtures.... Maybee make my own out of rain gutter and one CF fixture per tank.... I do not plan to plant the tanks. Just use them for overgrowth from the 55 gallon. Maybee donate them to fish stores and fish clubs, the clippings that is....

I hate to throw them out....

Any rate. Figured I'd share my soon to be BIG MISTAKE..

Spankey

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store