Very Sick Gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aklaum

AC Members
Dec 31, 2005
Hello all,

I have had my tank set up for 4 months now and this morning noticed one very sick Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami at the bottom of the tank. I have two Powder Blues total. The other one is completely fine. The sick one looks like it has lost some color, looks a bit emaciated, the fins look a bit ragged. The healthy gourami has always been the dominant one, chasing the the now sick one from time to time. The sick one was doing a tail stand at the back bottom of the tank this morning and is very listless. He looks generally beat up. Could the healthy one have finally had enough and decided to take the other one out? It seems so sudden. Despite a continual battle with green beard algae nothing has changed in the tank. All of the other fish are fine including a Mickey Mouse Platy fry that has somehow remained uneaten by the other fish. Water readings are normal as ever. I don't have a quarantine set up but I could pretty quickly. Should I go ahead and do so or is it too late already?

jwddboy

An Oddball Man
Apr 8, 2006
go for the quarantine. could be fin rot what with the raggedy fin but im not convinced yet. any other symptoms?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store