Carpet Anemone (help)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

starlite101

Registered Member
Apr 27, 2005
:duh: I got a carpet anemone last week. the first picture is what it looked like yesterday and the 2nd is what he looked like this morning. is it dieing?

and now it looks like this..

the tank is 65 gallons, been up and running since jan .Coralife 36 Inch Aqualight With 1-96W Actinic / 1-96W 10,000K Lamp Square Pin Base (with fans)
readings as of this morning are PH 8.1 pph Specific Gravity 1.022 temp 80 nitrate .25 ppm nitrite 0.00 ppm

dischirm

moray girl
Aug 19, 2005
Sacramento Ca
You dont have enough light for that anemone. Carpets need MH. You shouldn't even have a BTA under compact pcs (i did for 6 months, but then it died :sad: ) Take the anemone back to where you got it. It will die! You also want a very seasoned tank for anemones. (1year old +) Please do more research before you bring home animals. I know I made my share of mistakes, and regret not doing exactly what I am suggesting you do. It can be a very sad and expensive lesson.
Oh and my BTA was under 2 of the exact same fixtures that you have! It just doesnt work!

Last edited:

Gealcath

AC Members
Nov 9, 2003
Visit site
When it dies it will basically dissolve and nuke the entire aquarium, so it would be best to remove it. Doesnt look like you are using enough light for it

Owens187

AC Members
Oct 22, 2005
California
definately not enough light for an anemone. and like g said, if it dies it can wipe out your entire system!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store