Flys in the Vivarium!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

momar

Born too late
Jan 6, 2006
UK
They probably would, but they'd also eat the ghost shrimp.

momar

Born too late
Jan 6, 2006
UK
Ok :laugh:

Is it a japanese or chinese FB newt, and does it eat the shrimp?
(i have 2 chinese which i feed bloodworms and earthworms. If i added an amano or bumblebee shrimp would it survive?)

I have heard mixed views on FB toads with FB newts - some people say they're fine, but some say the toad may attack the newts. I would think they'd be fine though.

Primetime

AC Members
Nov 12, 2005
momar said:
Ok :laugh:

Is it a japanese or chinese FB newt, and does it eat the shrimp?
(i have 2 chinese which i feed bloodworms and earthworms. If i added an amano or bumblebee shrimp would it survive?)
I don't know yet because I just bought it a couple weeks ago and its fairly small (2-3"). He tries to eat the Shrimp but I havent seen him actually eat them. However, I've seen the shrimp go from 9 to 6 and a couple tails on the bottom with no body.

I think Amano Shrimp can make it though because they're a lot quicker than ghost shrimp and take care of themselves better.

I have heard mixed views on FB toads with FB newts - some people say they're fine, but some say the toad may attack the newts. I would think they'd be fine though.
I hope it works, but I am definately willing to set up another 10G if it doesn't.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store