A Car Capable of 8,000 MPG

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
I remember a few years back, I went to school with this older man. Very quiet guy, kept to himself. Anyway, we started talking one day and it turns out he's a huge car buff, and was working on some kind if invention that would have a motor run for much longer with a full tank of gas.

Anyway, I remember him telling me that there are ways to build an engine to have it use MUCH less gasoline than the standard engine does nowadays, but no car company will do so because of the profits that would be lost by oil companies etc.

He had mentioned that when he was young, he had an old chevy that was something he'd never seen before. He claimed that he could do like 1400 miles on a full tank of gas, and besides that, the car never broke down, and was extremely efficient. Anyway, eventually some guy from Chevy found out about this, and offered him a huge amount of money for the car, an amount that he absolutely couldn't refuse, and from there, he never saw it again.

Kinda makes you think. . . if this guy was legit, and what he said was true, it's just another story that makes us realize that the world is run by these huge corporations... And there's not much we can do about it.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
..and yet we continue to line their pockets with gold.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Slappy*McFish said:
..and yet we continue to line their pockets with gold.
I made a basic step to keep more money in my account. I bought a Corrolla awhile back, and it has helped me some. The motorcycle gets about the same mpg, which isn't too bad considering its 1200cc..

On this subject of the 8,000 mpg "car" -- I doubt its very roadworthy at all. I cannot see this vehicle accelerating to highway speeds on an onramp to the interstate. That's not likely to be the case. At 33cc of engine, its not going to get the 'job done'.

CajunCC

I take pictures
Sep 10, 2004
Harrisburg, PA
www.photobizarre.com
It's the same deal as when you see some HORRIBLE wreck in some race somewhere and the cars are just totally obliterated and there's fire everywhere and the drivers walk away without a scratch. Then you get the people who feel the need to say "well if they can do that, then why don't they make our cars safer so people stop dying in accidents. Well I doubt that person really feels like putting on a helmet and nomex suit, sliding in through the window and strapping themselves into a metal race bucket with a 5-point harness. It would be safe though. *shrug*

This is just another example of things that are possible but just wouldn't work in real life.

patoloco

De seguro no sabes lo que dice aqu
Oct 20, 2005
Costa Rica
wetpatoloco.tripod.com
125gJoe said:
At 33cc of engine, its not going to get the 'job done'.

I once drove a 48cc. motorcycle and ir worked fine. Consider I weighed around 150 pounds then, and it moved nice. Of course, it would not work to go dashing around or taking a highway, but it was certainly good to go to the
supermarket or to school.

Considering it was about 10 years ago, and with new techonlogies used to maximize engine efficiency, this car could have a future.

Puffernewbee

AC Members
Dec 9, 2004
Katy, TX
cheech said:
I remember a few years back, I went to school with this older man. Very quiet guy, kept to himself. Anyway, we started talking one day and it turns out he's a huge car buff, and was working on some kind if invention that would have a motor run for much longer with a full tank of gas.

Anyway, I remember him telling me that there are ways to build an engine to have it use MUCH less gasoline than the standard engine does nowadays, but no car company will do so because of the profits that would be lost by oil companies etc.

He had mentioned that when he was young, he had an old chevy that was something he'd never seen before. He claimed that he could do like 1400 miles on a full tank of gas, and besides that, the car never broke down, and was extremely efficient. Anyway, eventually some guy from Chevy found out about this, and offered him a huge amount of money for the car, an amount that he absolutely couldn't refuse, and from there, he never saw it again.

Kinda makes you think. . . if this guy was legit, and what he said was true, it's just another story that makes us realize that the world is run by these huge corporations... And there's not much we can do about it.
I remember reading this story in an Urban Legends website. Looks like you are trying to give it a new life.
Urban Legends

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store