lighting opinions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

azriel

AC Members
Dec 13, 2002
Visit site
ok im finally gonna get my 40 breeder tank turned salt. yippee! the tank is 36" x 18" x 16" roughly. im planning on using a four inch sand bed, about 70-90 lb live rock, aquaclear 500 power filter, tronic 200 watt sub. heater and a glass top. im thinking of getting power compact lights. a local shop has coral-life 36" compact flourescents...192 watts...2 10000k bulbs and 2 actinic bulbs(forgot exactly which ones) with built in fans, two power swtiches, adn two power cords. has anyone had any experience with this product??? would it be a good light for a reef tank??? what i want in the tank is one maroon clown, one flame OR coral beauty angel, two mandarin dragonets (one of each gender) and a lot of creepy crawlies... shrimp, crabs, snails, etc. i also want corals but im not at all sure what yet...i need to do more research on that. any info on the lights of other comments about my future setup are greatly appreciated. thanx.

azriel

AC Members
Dec 13, 2002
Visit site
a clarification on the bulbs in the lighting unit... the store says it is two actinic bulbs and two 10000K but what they call two bulbs i would call one bulb... the actinic is two tubes attached to one plastic piece with two prongs... the 10000K is the same. would you guys call that two bulbs or four??? id say two.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store