**** Pistol Shrimp!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tonytwist007

AC Members
Jul 13, 2005
S**T!! My pistol shrimp just took out my blood shrimp! I heard 3 loud, consecutive clicks and saw the blood shrimp being dragged into the pistol's tunnel. The blood shrimp was still struggling but could not break free. That's it! First the incessive digging that has me fearing of a rock slide and now this! Any traps out there I could use to pull the bugger out?

Blinky

Gone
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
Try this one, it works for crabs sometimes:
Take a plastic water bottle, cut the top off just below the 'shoulder' where it begins to curve into the neck. Take the top portion and turn it around so the neck is facing into the bottle like a funnel. Now bait the trap with something the pistol can't resist. Place the trap outside his home and wait. Hopefully he'll climb in for the goodies and won't be able to climb back out.
I'd love to give him a home if you'd like to send him to me (I'll pay shipping) :D

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
pistol shrimp can swim so he will probably swim right out, either that or adopt it as a permant home! someone on AB has a pistol shrimp living in a corona bottle

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store