Pet for a 10 gallon tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lthom

AC Members
Dec 2, 2005
Michigan
I have a spare 10 gallon tank and was wanting some ideas of what I should do with it. Is there any interesting pets that could live their whole life in a 10 gallon tank? Suggestions do not have to be fish.

khombre

Jul 18, 2005
Quezon City, Philippines
a betta?

or some guppies? or mollies? or platies? or swordtails? or... lots of choices.. depends on what u're preferences really are :dive2:

DaisyTattoo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Illinois
I would say a mouse or gerbil or something small like that. Maybe a toad of some sort. A tarantula or an emperor scorpion can also live in a 10g. I wouldnt go with a rat though because they are tall enough to reach the top and they are very smart and will get out. I had a rat in a 10g i had it taped shut and had bricks on top of it and she still got out and was lost in my house for 3 days until my mom found her under the bathroom sink lol.

momar

Born too late
Jan 6, 2006
UK
Fire belly toads, fire belly newts, ADFs, various other forgs like asian bullfrogs. For good info on amphibians, esp. frogs, go to

www.pollywog.co.uk

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store