Yellow Tang Not Eating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

akma0620

AC Members
Dec 7, 2002
Visit site
I fed my yellow tang with emerald entree or nori seaweed because it doesn't eat the other formula frozen food. And it could eat a lot. Yet in the past month, it would eat very little and not at all while my firefishes and regal tang would rush to the food whenever I fed them. Although it still looks healthy I'm concerned I may lose it. Any ideas?

Thx

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
any aggression problems between it and the regal? if it is being dominated, it might not feed as openly..

akma0620

AC Members
Dec 7, 2002
Visit site
Now they are very peaceful. Interesting, the yellow tang is the aggressive one. It chased after the regal when I first added the regal to the tank.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Inspect is closely for small, black freckling along the face and sides. Stressed tangs are prone to black spot--it's sometimes hard to spot, but needs to be treated promptly. Going off feed and scratching are symptoms most commonly noticed. A FW dip will work, repeated over the course of several days.

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
Yellow Tang

Oriongirl,
What exactly are the black spots that show up on stressed tangs? I just recently had a yellow tang die after showing a lot of small black spots. A friend suggested that this could be black ICH. Is it? How do you treat these black spots (specifically)? Is it contagious?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store