Fire Eel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
I saw your reply to my question on th thread about a banjo cat, I'm assuming this is the 55g, no, you should'nt have any of those fish in that tank, they all get to big.

RockabillyChick

Kilt-lifter
Nov 5, 2005
Washington state
a single oscar needs a bare minimum of 75 gallons, about 120 for 2. spotted gars get about 3 feet long and need a tank that is at least 3 feet wide and probably 9+ feet long.

fire eels get about 3 feet long and shouldn't be kept in anything smaller than a 100g tank.

someday i plan on a 180g tank with a tiger oscar, 2 fire eels, and a trinidad pleco.

Cathy G

Bolivians Rock
Jan 15, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.cathygeier.com
The fire eels will get attacked by the oscars. These eels are so nice and easy going, not agressive at all. (Btw, only the females get 3 feet long, the males get to 18 inches. The trick is figuring out what you have!)
Cathy

Iceman_6104

AC Members
Jan 10, 2006
i have a eel in my tank with two jack dempsy and they get along fine. cause the eel spends most of its time under my gravel. only comes out at night to eat and swim around. when ever thing else is spelling. i saw that they go together.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store