dwarf seahorses

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sixpack_ey

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
I am preparing to set up a 2.5 gallon tank for dwarf seahorses. I have lots of experience in FW, but not in marine fish. About how much time per week should I expect to spend on maintainance? Also, any info on this species would be helpful. I have bought the book, but am waiting for it to arrive.

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
look here. Theres links and great ino in that thread.For a seahorse tank, it's suposed to take at least 6months for the tank to be established enough for it to be able to suport them, and your probably gonna have to test the water daily to make sure the water is stable enough for them. Also, expect to be feeding them at least 3-4 times a day, although I personally would do more because there suposed to have no stomachs (note: I learnt this while watching daily planet on TV, don't know how acurate it is). I'll see if I can find more info to back this up.

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
Ditto,beginners should start with atleast a 40 gallon, easier to keep parameters stable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store