Peppered Corys with Yoyo Loach

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Zen4t5

AC Members
Jun 2, 2006
Northern NJ
I have a 20G L planted tank. I just ran into some snails I don't want. I heard yoyo loaches were good for snails and their smaller size suits my tank. The problem is I have 3 peppered corys and I am not sure if they are compatible. I heard that yoyo loaches are semi aggresive. If anybody has any experience with this or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

thesydmonster

AC Members
Apr 4, 2005
It is not recommended to have loaches and cory cats together. Also, the loaches do better in groups of 3 or more and you would not be able to fit them into your tank. I would try getting rid of the snails manually instead of putting fish in there to get rid of a temporary problem.

Zen4t5

AC Members
Jun 2, 2006
Northern NJ
Well I did a little more research and found that zebra loaches are one of the smallest loaches. I think I might pick up 3. I only have a dwarf guorami(spelling) and 3 corys, so I think I have the room. I'm finding mixed messages as far as their compatability. Some say they get along and some say they don't. The zebra loaches won't get that much bigger than my corys. Does anybody have any experience with zebra loaches and corys?

Popps

Registered Member
Feb 24, 2006
YoYo and Sterbai mixed OK

My YoYo's (2) never seem to bother my Sterbai cory (2) or vice versa. The YoYo's actually seem to school w/the cats, breifly, but occassionally.

Each YoYo claimed a plant as soon as they were introduced to the tank and having their own safe hiding spots seems to have made all the difference in their happiness. The YoYo's will occassionally chase each other, but are not aggressive to any of the other fish tetras, barbs, neons, & Oto's.

Wishful

AC Members
Jun 4, 2006
Mesa, AZ
What are the smallest or most peaceful of the loaches?

We're in the process of planning a 140 gallon tank (72x18x25) and I was considering 3-4 clown loaches to help with snail populations, but am concerned about them being a problem with my corys. I intend to have at least 9 sterba's cory and a probably a smaller group of 6-7 of another of the smaller corys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store