My Yoyo Loach goin nuts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kill_a_watt

didnt u know?
Dec 24, 2005
New Zealand
just brought a yoy loach today and it seems like hes been dashing around the front glass for over 3hours.. whats wrong wit him? lol

my tanks 30g and everythings fine just everytime i look back at my tank hes dashing back and fourth the front of the glass .. and hes not taking a break! ahhh

kill_a_watt

didnt u know?
Dec 24, 2005
New Zealand
oh yea and i forgot when he stops for like a moment i can see that he flaps his fins like a bird almost like he dosent want to land lol ??

monkey_toes

"Maybe it's a hybrid"
Feb 7, 2006
Southwest Florida
mduros said:
Not sure. Do you have plenty of hiding spots and some plants? Also, they do like to be in groups, too. A yoyo friend may help matters.
Agreed. If he hasn't got places to hide, that's the problem. If he has got places to hide, he'll settle down after a while (might take couple weeks before he settles in fully). More yoyos should help matters, not to mention have positive influence on the fish's longterm well-being.

kill_a_watt

didnt u know?
Dec 24, 2005
New Zealand
monkey_toes said:
Agreed. If he hasn't got places to hide, that's the problem. If he has got places to hide, he'll settle down after a while (might take couple weeks before he settles in fully). More yoyos should help matters, not to mention have positive influence on the fish's longterm well-being.
uggh i cant buy one for about 2 weeks casue im out of cash. would that be ok? and ill go find someithng for him to hide in

monkey_toes

"Maybe it's a hybrid"
Feb 7, 2006
Southwest Florida
kill_a_watt said:
uggh i cant buy one for about 2 weeks casue im out of cash. would that be ok? and ill go find someithng for him to hide in
Yes, but do find a suitable hiding place for him ASAP.

kill_a_watt

didnt u know?
Dec 24, 2005
New Zealand
hello well i turned off the lights 2hours ago and it seems like hes calmed down hes just cruzing around *Mid* mostly of the tank and sniffing around the plants and looks like hes eating the algae comming off my Vallisneria :) yay!

hope its normal behaviour for a yoyo loach to be around mid of the tank *gulp*

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store