Fat Toad

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hurley

aka Bunny13
Oct 2, 2005
Baltimore, Maryland
www.freewebs.com
My sisters found this toad today in our garage and we were wondering what kind it is. It is rather fat...ok, REALLY fat. I put my hand and a pencil next to it so you can get an idea for the size. What kind of care do they need? Thanks!

msouth468

Fighting for the little guy
Nov 29, 2005
Iowa
couchpotatodx.proboards66.com
Meh, they are kinda a pain to keep. They are really active and will push anything you try to set up over. But, basically you need to have a tank with soft substrate, and water in a dish and a water sponge. They will eat just about anything, but crickets are the best. And, if you let it go, you will probably see it very often, as they tend to hang around a local area instead of wandering.

jennypenny

AC Members
Oct 30, 2005
Athens, Ohio
It's easy to make a toad house. You can use and old terra cotta pot, turn it over and carefully knock out a chip in the side of it. You can use a hammer and cover the pot with a towel when you knock out the chip. It does not have to be an old pot. It could be anything that will create a good cave-like toad-sized home.

If you don’t like the color pant it brightly or a neutral color to blend I with the garden.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store