Can Dwarf Hairgrass survive in my tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

asincero

AC Members
Jan 16, 2006
I have a 36g corner tank, that currently has 6 amazon swords. Lighting is 72watts of compact flourescent lighting. I don't use CO2 injection, but I do supplement with quadruple doses of Excel (trying to solve an algae problem, and it seems to be working pretty well so far) and Excel Iron. The tank has been up and running for 7 months now ... the gravel seems to be rather mature at this point. Would Dwarf Hairgrass like my tank?

One thing that has me concerned is that the average pebble size of the gravel is about 3/8ths of an inch. I've read that lots of plants don't really like gravel this big, but was told my swords would be fine in it (and they are). How would Dwarf Hairgrass fare?

Apr 2, 2002
New York
It is not a good idea to odose Excel like that imo and in the opinion of the manufacturer.

The hair grass wont work in that size gravel.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Be careful with that overdosing. I accidentally OD'd my tank because of faulty instructions on the label and my tank minicycled. Ammonia and nitrites spiked, took a week to get it back stable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store