is my pleco trying to fight my con???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

K_S_W_I_S_S

AC Members
Mar 12, 2003
Needles, CA
www.picturetrail.com
my pleco was trying to swim and one of my cons was nudging him wiith his head and the next time i looked at my tank my pleco was kind of chasing my con. he wasn't chasing him around the tank, but he was just following the con like he was challenging him, and the con was moving in a cricle like he was trying to avoid him... has anyone ever noticed this? ive heard of plecos eating slime off of fish, but i have never seem mine do it, so i dont think thats what was happening... oh yeah, his dorsal fin was erect too.

CoCoFiShY

AC Members
Jan 12, 2003
Los Angeles , California
Visit site
Stop this IMMEDIATELY...your pleco is going to kill ur cons.. I had this problem in my goldfish tank a while ago. He killed 2 of my fancy tails. Try feeding ur pleco fresh vegies or waffers. If pleco doesnt stop remove it.

Forum221

AC Members
Dec 19, 2002
Naperville, Il
Visit site
Wow, I had the same problem with mine about 2 weeks ago, I watched my pleco chase one of my cons around some rocks for a few minutes, I couldn't figure out weather or not he was trying to eat it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store