all male tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

losthere

AC Members
Jan 25, 2005
I have african peacoks in a 55 gal with tons of rock work. I have a few females in with males, as we all know the females are not as attractive as the males. I have heard of people doing all male tanks and i was wondering what others opinions are about doing this. I do realize all the agression issues but i have 3 large males and 3 med males with 2 large females and one small female and they are all fine no torn fins no real agression besides the occasional stand off. My main concern is the loss of color and the possible health side effects of having no females. Your opinions and input would be greatly appreciated.

DeRo316

Keeper of Cichlids
Nov 23, 2005
Tallahassee, FL.
I havnt had any problems so far, its been up for about 5 months. I got 5 of them out of a 140 gallon malawi tank that had about 80 mixed sex cichlids. I havnt noticed any reduction in color or any changes since I moved them from their original home to my all male tank. I plan on getting 2 or 3 more but I havnt decided which type yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store