Mono Argentus stressed?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
I just got my two mono argentus and they seem to be stressed. the Ph is 7 and my SW level is about 1.006 higher than they were in the store. I've also got them with a GSP. Should they be fine after a couple days or is there anything to worry about.

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
I think I solved the problem, they were swimming up and down in the corner where the heater is. My temp was only at about 78 whereas I've read it should be at 80-82. If you don't think that's it though please feel free to give me your ideas.

goldfish freak

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I really don't think that it was the temperature that stressed them. My mono tank has dropped that low and a bit lower and my they were not stressed. Did your temperature drop very rapidly?

moose1960

AC Members
Sep 8, 2002
Trenton, Ontario
Visit site
You stated you just got these Monos, So they can be stressed for a few days just buy the transfer from the store too your tank, a new environment can be stressfull. But like Goldfish asked, by stressed do you mean they turned dark colour, explain a bit more. I keep my tank at 78 near the bottom right corner and 80 at the top left corner, they travel through all areas.

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
no they turned black when they were in the bag from the store but they're the normal colours now and have been ever since. By stressed I mean they look as though they're trying to get out of tank...like they keep trying to go farther than the left side of the tank. It could be that they were the top fish in the tank at the store and now they share the mid to top level with a green spotted puffer. I'm thinking then it could just be the new tank transition. My GSP seems to be kind of spooked by the new monos as well so it's probably the new tankmates and surroundings.

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
I believe I just solved my own question. I woke up and turned the lights on at about 1:30 to find my monos black and huddled in the back with the GSP circling them. I then watched as the GSP nipped my largest mono on the face!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store