10 gal refugium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

oscar83

AC Members
May 21, 2004
Middletown, NJ
I was thinking about setting up a 10 gallon tank below my 75 gallon as a refugium. My tank is not plumbed so i dont have a sump to do this with. I cant quite figure out how i should get the water from the fuge back to my main tank. the top of my main tank is about 4 1/2 feet from the bottom of the stand where the fuge would sit. the only thing i can think of is to get one of those hang on overflows to get the water down into the fuge and then another powerhead to bring the water back up. In theory the overflow will only bring down as much water as the powerhead can pump back up, correct? Does anyone have any other ideas?

oscar83

AC Members
May 21, 2004
Middletown, NJ
ok well that works for me :) next question... what kind of a turnover rate should i be looking for. I know that you dont want a very strong waterflow through the fuge but how many gph should i be trying to achieve?

bjtennply

AC Members
Jul 5, 2006
Could you let me know where you get your overflow box?? I have looked everywhere and cannot find one??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store