Feeding mystery snails

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

littlebigfish

AC Members
Jun 29, 2006
Hello,
I have a 46g tank..I have 3 blue mystery snails, and a golden mystery snail, along with 1 Australian rainbowfish, 1 Rainbow shark, 1 Placosomous, and 4 Dwarf puffer ( I know puffers are not suppose to like snails) But they seem to get along fine (As long as I keep the puffers full). I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, as to what i could feed them.
thanks for any advice

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
A slice of cucumber.

BTW, There should be atleast 6 rainbows(of the same species). The "plecuastomous", if it's the common pleco everyone seems to buy, will grow to a huge length of 2' (WAY to big for even the largest standard tank sizes, let alone a 46g), and I suggest you bring it back to the LFS if you cannot aford/have room for a 280g (custom tank, dimensions should be 72"x30"x24"H). He also needs plenty of fresh veggies in order to have a proper diet (any veggie he will eat is a good veggie, boil the veggies in the microwave to make them soft).

(A comparison probably gives a better description of how big this fish gets then a number)

Drawf puffers are not community fish, so I suggest you either get them thier own tank (no less than 10-15g) r bring them back to the LFS as well.

Here are some links if you don't believe me:

Common pleco

Drawf puffers: Tankmates

Drawf puffers

littlebigfish

AC Members
Jun 29, 2006
Thanks for the information, I had no idea!! I guess I will be either buying a new tank, or returning a few of my fish (sad :( ). I have learned a valuable lession, I am from now on doing my homework about specific fish, before I purchase them!! Thanks again :eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store