clown vs. mantis shrimp!!!! guess who won!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
dudes, you won't belive this!!! :D :D okay, I got a mantis shrimp in on my live rock, and it was patroling my tank, looking for a little fish to eat, and found my clown. doomed clown, right? I don't think so!!! :laugh: okay, the mantis shrimp struck!! BAM!! a miss!!! struck again!!! KAPOW!!! miss!! and the clown bit off one of its antennae!! CHOMP!!! and the clownfish swam like the current to his anemone with the shrimp in hot pursuit!!! my clown stuck his head out of the anemone to see if it was there and BAM!! a strike barely missed his little head!! but the shrimp's claws caught one of the anemones tentacles, and it started reeling it in and GULP!!! swallowed it whole!! and then out came my clown, with a look of utter satisfaction on his little face!! FANTASTIC!!! best thing i've seen since the lord of the rings trilogy!!

clos10

jrwarrior23
Feb 6, 2006
Rohnert Park, CA
haha great story. Lucky clown i guess. I had a mantis shrimp in one of my rocks once but it was small. Nothing as exciting as that ever came out of it . But i think Im ok with that :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store