Open Green Brain

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

glc

AC Members
Mar 18, 2003
grove city ohio
Visit site
I have had my open green brain for about two years now. He has done very well over this time untill my clowns decided to use it as a home. I moved my now sick looking brain to a new location with similiar light and current and he has not started to recover. He has been in his new location for about 45 days with no change. My question is there anything I can do to help my charge recover?

He no longer opens enough to feed anything large like krill which had been his staple over the last two years.

I also thought about (but have not tried) injecting Selcon directly into the partial opening during his nightly feeding attempt.

Thanx G.L.C

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Ouch--this is the reason clowns are no longer welcome in our reef.

I would try feeding lots of smaller foods--maybe chop up the krill? Or try something else high protien, like frozen prepared trigger foods. If you can get it into the chamber, great, but don't fill the cavity too much. If it hasn't expelled it's xooanthellae, then there's a good chance it will recover, just very slowly. Hard corals are very slow to recover ingeneral, and more prone to infections and secondary issues when damaged. Make sure you keep your water quality tip top, especially calium and alkalinity.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store