Petsmart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrandaLover0905

AC Members
Jul 17, 2006
Hey To every one out there Pets mart tricked me This is there words
"^6Fish can live happily ion a 10 GAl .. I am so Upset THIS is why my fish got ......................................Please i am begging you guys out there petsmart is a fake they also told me " We will take you goldfish babbies ..THose liars :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( Please i just spent a lot ofmoney upgrading my 10 gal to a20 gal My dad just believes my grandpa SEEE my other forums )I have a 20 gal With 6 fish Goldfish Oranda's My favorite animal in the world .. please help what should i do ???????????

LunchBox

Me fail english? that's unpossible!
Feb 7, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
well, I would take them all back except 1 or 2 of them.

every so often we get a thread about how someone went into a petsmart and got real bad information. it stinks on ice, but there is apparently nothing we can do aside from trying to help the poor folks who got the bad info by giving them good info.

good luck with your orandas :)

TastierWay

complaints of violins
Jul 17, 2006
Bay Area, California
www.myspace.com
Get a freaking huge tank.
Never believe anyone from Petco or Petsmart(they're full of bad info).
Buy from an LFS.

I had two goldfish in a 10 gallon and when I found out that was wrong, I donated them to my Biology teacher's 200 gallon tank. Maybe you can find someone willing to take them?

tmtpowers

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Burlington, NC
www.ferretvillage.org
Sadly not all people that sell fish should be selling fish. I personally work at petsmart and yes, we have one employee (soon to be an ex employee YAY!) who doesn't care if she lies just to sell a fish :( Thankfully the bosses are getting tired of it :D Anyways, I always recommend 20G per oranda at the LEAST! So you need at least 120G for them to grow properly. You could do 3 40G tanks as someone else mentioned. If you can't do this, figure out whats the largest tank you can afford. If its just the 20G, you should only have one oranda, if its 40G, 2 orandas, 60G 3 orandas, and so on.

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
Petsmart is not smart, and niether is most of the people at big chains. And, most employees at smaller fish or pet sotores won't be "experts" like you'd expect all employees at fish/pet stores to be either. Some pet store employees are just stupid in general.

OrandaLover0905 said:
please help what should i do ???????????
Start doing your own research over the web (the most up-to date rresource in my opinion, provided that you've found a good site) before buying anything for your aquarium(s). If you don't know where to start your research, visit my my member page - it's packed with links.

tmtpowers

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Burlington, NC
www.ferretvillage.org
Never believe anyone from Petco or Petsmart(they're full of bad info).
I'm sorry but not EVERY person that works at petsmart is full of bad information. It sounds pretty bad when you judge everyone that works at any petsmart and don't have any clue how much information they do have. Granted, there are more people selling fish that know little to nothing about them, that's not everyone....

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
yeah, jumping to conclusions like that just starts pointless debates.

TastierWay

complaints of violins
Jul 17, 2006
Bay Area, California
www.myspace.com
Sorry. It just seems that every employee that myself, or any other aquarium hobbyist I know has run into from there tries to feed us bad info. I'm talking wide-spread ignorance. This isn't just about my local Petco or Petsmart either.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
IME most of it is confined to wal-marts in my town. anywhere else gives mostly good info.

tmtpowers

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Burlington, NC
www.ferretvillage.org
I know that many are ignorant and many could care less if you go home and kill your new fish. However my point is, is that not ALL petsmart and I'm sure not all petco employees are uneducated in the fish areas. Probably not many are decently educated which is sad since they are selling fish. :( Anyways, its somewhat offending when people say all petsmart employees since I am one and I don't feel I am undereducated. By all means, I don't know everything about fish and still have tons to learn but if I don't know the answer, I send them to the Internet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store