What is the ugliest cichlid???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

managuay86

New World Cichlid Keeper
Sep 13, 2005
San Diego, California
ok this is light hearted fun... but what is the ugliest cichlid you have seen??? My opinion is that oscars come in third, blood parrots come in second and first place............The midas (not red devil) or as i like to call them elephantitus fish :joke:

I got this picture from: badmanstropicalfish.com/cichlids/GorbyMidasCichlid2.jpg

cichlidkeeper91

AC Members
Jul 8, 2006
managuay86 said:
ok this is light hearted fun... but what is the ugliest cichlid you have seen??? My opinion is that oscars come in third, blood parrots come in second and first place............The midas (not red devil) or as i like to call them elephantitus fish :joke:

I got this picture from: badmanstropicalfish.com/cichlids/GorbyMidasCichlid2.jpg
I would have to go with that fish. Thats fricken ugly. Do red devils get a hump that big. hope mine doesnt.

managuay86

New World Cichlid Keeper
Sep 13, 2005
San Diego, California
red devils get humps but not that big though... and yeah convicts get a hump too but it doesnt get large either. but yeah midas are ugly :laugh:

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
managuay86 said:

Oh that's real nice...

I'm sure he'd say the same thing about us humans...

All fish that have been messed with (crossbreeding, dieying, genitical alterations like "glofish", selective breeding is tolerable but not when it goes to the extremes) are uggly, this includes flower horns and blood parrots. I like to keep real fish, and that's why I'm against these kind's of fish.

rosita

Here
Jan 11, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
Emg said:
Flower Horn Cichlid....can't imagine whatever possessed them to use the word "Flower" in the naming of this one !

Whoa now, that fish is downright FUGLY!! And to think people create it as a hybrid!?!? Well, guess it just goes to show . . . something for everyone :eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store