Who wants anything cheaper from petsmart then the regular price.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cichlidkeeper91

AC Members
Jul 8, 2006
Say you want an aqua clear 500. Its like 80 bucks for the one at petsmart. But if you go to the petsmart website http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...xt=filters&N=2. You click on the Aqua clear 500/110 and add it to your cart. Then go to you cart on the top right corner and click on it view you items. Then you print out this page.http://www.petsmart.com/global/order...=1153265329884. And when you go to petsmart to buy this you give them the printed page that says you buy it for $39.99. Trust me Ive done it. I did it one both of my filters and I saved a bunch of money. You can do the same thing with everything else just do exactly what you did with the filter and just print it out.

gatotsu77

AC Members
May 17, 2006
Yes, this is something which not so many people notice about our store. (I'm a petsmart employee) We even have our price match guarantee posted in the store for people to see, but not many people actually take the time to read it. The customers who are eager to learn, well mannered, and that just seem like good people, I always advise to check out the online price, print it, and bring it in. I don't do this for everyone because I want our store to still make its sales bracket, but for the customers who are willing to go the extra mile, I like to give them a bit of a break.

DaisyTattoo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Illinois
I found this out with the AP Test kit. Saved me 14.50. That's a dang good deal! Even the cashier look surprised on how much I saved lol.

quadpants

AC Members
Jun 9, 2006
I just got a 50 ft. Python for like $39 yesterday, it was $63 in the store. Just handed them the screen print and no questions asked.

aardvark1

Too many tanks are almost enough...
Sep 27, 2005
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
Been doing this with the Python, 3 Penquin filters.

Wish they had their glass tanks on the site, plan on upgrading soon to 75 gallon tanks; could save some bucks!

Needeles

AC Members
Jun 5, 2006
Wisconsin
This is the only way I do it. Before I even go I print out what I am going to buy. I have saved hundreds of dollars doing this. They will price match which is very nice since sometimes other places will have sales that are even cheaper and they match it no questions asked.

HylaChristine

AC Members
Jul 21, 2006
Wow, thanks for the info, I did not know this. Now I may spend the extra money on gas to go out of town to a Petsmart rather than my Pet Depot.

aardvark1

Too many tanks are almost enough...
Sep 27, 2005
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
Yep!

Acrylic. And I'm sure the shipping wouldn't be cheap! Even with the price of gas as high as it is, cheaper and easier to drive the 5 miles.

In the market for glass 75 gallon ones to upgrade the 29's I have now. They have 'em for $120 with hoods. Will reuse the filters I have on the 29's (Penquin 330)(upgraded with 2 more), gravel (with more added) Plants (ditto) but same fishie load.

"Jack" is getting big; grown twice in size in the 4 months I've had him!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store