Good or bad anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

drpepper77

Registered Member
Jul 19, 2006
I bought a piece of live rock and an anemone came with im not sure if its a glass anemone or like a long tentacle, its mostly clear with a hint of brown. Does anybody know what it is

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
drpepper77 said:
I bought a piece of live rock and an anemone came with im not sure if its a glass anemone or like a long tentacle, its mostly clear with a hint of brown. Does anybody know what it is
I'm pretty sure its an aiptasia/glass anemone. Kill it as soon as posible, or it will overtake your tank.

Toirtis

Keeper of strange fishes
I concur...use a kalk mix or Joe's Juice....damaging the anenome by trying to remove or destroy it by physical means will mean a plague of the things.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
yeah, those buggers will overrun your tank so fast you will not know what to do.

drpepper77

Registered Member
Jul 19, 2006
Im not sure its a glass one, it doesn't look like the other pics ive seen it has more of a flat bottom not the tube like one

capecodder

AC Members
Jun 26, 2006
red sox nation

edikpok

AC Members
Jan 1, 2006
i would just add a peppermint shrimp- they love this stuff!!! i have one of them that takes care of all of the the aiptasia in my tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store