Lightning Question and Help.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WINGIT

AC Members
May 4, 2006
Los Angeles CA , Mexico City
Hi,

I have a really big doubt about the lightning over my tanks.

now Im going to talk about their lightning units.

79g semi reef tank.... 1 36inch Coralife 20,000k 30 watts lamp.
2 48inch Coralife true actinic 40 watt lamps.
1 48inch Marine BlueMoon 40 watt lamp.

The lightning unit is located 24cm above the top of the tank and is covered by a wood hook.

The other tank is a

250g Reef tank......... 4 36inch Coralife 20,000k 30watt lamps.
4 36inch Coralife True Actinic 30watt lamps.

the same way, the units are located between 10 to 15cm above the top of the tank.

the tank is done, water and some pets are inside now. well really I dont have de 20,000k yet but they'll arrive soon.

I dont have corals or more invertebrates yet but I was thinking in take a huge amount from my LFS to my tank but I need ur opinion about my lightning

Well my friends, I heard a lot of things about HQI .... but I think the fluo lamps did, do and going to do their work very well.... here is my doubt HQI or Fluo....

I think the fluo at the moment still be a good stuff for our aquariums....

If they arent be a good stuff the LFS doesnt sell them.

What do u think about?

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
it sounds judging by the length and wattage that you have NO florecent? dont bother with corals until your tank matures (it sounds like it ispretty new, correct?) and you upgrade to lighting.
i would highly recomend getting HQI halides like you had thought of. But before we decide that, i would like to know what corals you are planning on keeping. Because if all you want is softies and such, halides are not necessary.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store