Turtle Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tshuckaby

Registered Member
Aug 2, 2006
Ok we just got two small fresh water turtles and have set up the aquarium but it is getting a condensation build up on the inside and I was wondering if there is something i could get to either put in the aquarium or put on the glass to keep the condensation to a minimum. I have heard that much moisture can be bad for them since they can't really get completely dried out. Please Help :help:

jessejamespdx

AC Members
Dec 26, 2005
Ventilation

If you leave a small gap in the front of your glass lids and push air over your lights with a small fan, like a cpu cooling fan. the air should get heated by the lightbulbs and be pushed down the front of the tank just like a cars defrost system. this will prevent condensation on the front of a tank.

Toirtis

Keeper of strange fishes
You have, I assume, both proper heat-basking and full-spectrum lights? Do you have some sort of glass or plastic top on the aquarium? If there is any glass or plastic between the lights and the turtles, remove it...it is assisting condensation and filtering essential UV light. Ideally, the top ofthe aquarium should be open, with the lights suspended above it.

Can you supply photos or a better description of this vivarium, please?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store