To those with 2.5 gallon tanks...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WrittenLyric

Bang Bang Shoot Shoot
Jul 16, 2006
Massachusetts
www.myspace.com
To those with 2.5 gallon tanks...(now with pics)

Since my landlord said "NO!" to my 45 gallon, I got a 10 gallon instead.. He never said I couldn't have any additional tanks...

So today I was at WalStarMartOfDeath and saw a 2.5 gallon kit. I will admit that I got it because it was teal and matches most everything in my apartment, yes I know, how girly! So I want to set up a beaut of a Betta tank to house that one special male betta (when I find him!!). I want to try my hand at planting it before I get the fish so it's "perfect" but I want a sand bottom, I'm hoping that is not going to be an issue. I am also considering painting the back of the tank black to pop the plants when I get them going..

I was hoping you guys could post some of your smaller tanks (betta preferred, but love pictures of anything really) here so I can get some inspiration and ideas.

Thanks,
Kris

Last edited:

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Here's a few of my smaller tanks.....

A 2 1/2 gallon "AllGlass" with a betta. This tank has sand mixed with echo-complete:

2 gallon "Explorer" tank with endlers. I have echo-complete for substrate in this one:

1 gallon betta tank...fake plants and gravel:

A thumbnail of a 1 gallon planted betta tank with echo-complete and a few rocks for interest sake:

salty0pepper

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
here is my sisters 5.7 litre ( sorry dont know gallons for this one coz im from australia and i only know my tanks in gallons (used an online converter)) neway she has a male delta tail a fake plant,ornament and some gravel. here u are:

WrittenLyric

Bang Bang Shoot Shoot
Jul 16, 2006
Massachusetts
www.myspace.com
So I set up the tank for my new betta named "Blue", real original I know! I decided to go ahead and paint the backdrop black - it masks the heater and filter really well. I think when the plants grow in, it'll be a nice effect.

The tank - there are 3 "betta bulbs" planted, it'll be interesting to see what sprouts up.

Getting Blue ready:

New Home:

GlamourShot:

Pics were taken with a cell phone, so pardon the fogginess.

That is looking great so far! I love the idea of painting the background black for a planted tank. I have the same 2.5 gallon teal tank that you got for Blue, and Broadway loves it! I don't have any good pictures to post though... currently, I'm using glass beads for the substrate, and I have a ceramic tomato-shaped 'cave' plus one of those very tacky neon-colored cave systems inside it. I'm looking into a floating plant, but otherwise, I'm keeping it non-planted because of my substrate. What are you using for substrate in yours? It doesn't look like sand in the picture. :)

Ms.Bubbles

AC Members
Sep 26, 2005
Pinkcow, your substrate doesn't have to stop you from planting your tank...

Java moss, java ferns and anubias can all be tied to a rock, pebble or tank decoration, or 'wedged' into a space--they get their nutrients from the water not the soil, so any type of substrate will do. And if you've got 2 watts per gallon of light, you can grow anacharis, too. It feeds off the water as well.

WrittenLyric

Bang Bang Shoot Shoot
Jul 16, 2006
Massachusetts
www.myspace.com
Oh yeah, I opted out of sand and went with white gravel instead. Had a hard time finding smaller bags of sand and just gave up! I feel like I should put some plastic plants in for the time being so the poor lil Fella doesn't feel so exposed. So far I must say this little tank has been great.

I'm actually thinking about painting the back of my 10 gallon tank now too.

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
WrittenL.....I like your color scheme there.....the teal tank with black background and white gravel looks great !

There are such things as small bags of sand. I managed to find some at one of the lfs in my area...a 5lb bag for 5$. It was labeled "reef sand" but safe for freshwater. But that tank looks just fine with the white gravel. :thm:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store