ten gallon tank on top of another? ideas, stand?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

static69static

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
www.angelfire.com
Has anybody made a stand that will hold two ten gallon tanks?
I currently have a planted ten gallon with a pair of rams, and would also like to get a pair of cockatoo cichlids. I was thinking of having the top ten gallon with an overflow or hole in side to flow water from inside the top ten gallon to the bottom ten gallon, which will have a pump in it back to the top. Either the bottom or the top will have a penguin mini on it for filtration and also will be planted tanks with only a pair of fish in it, plus two ottos for algae and three pgmy cories for cleanup. Either that or have three tanks, two tanks for the fish and a sump tank on the ground, where the top overflows into one side of the middle tank, and that one also has an overflow on it to go into the sump, then the sump has a return pump that goes to the top one? Can make a little wet/dry in the sump, wait, that would then decrease my co2 concentration, I guess I will hav eto go with first idea, or just setup two different tanks with own heaters and filters. Just seeing if anyone has done anythign like this?

If you have and have pictures of setup, please email me at static69static@yahoo.com or post on here. Thanks

keely

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
No picture ;) but the standard metal stands for 10 gallon tanks will hold 2 tanks. The metal stands are available at every LFS I've ever been in. The bottom tank will sit about 3 inches off the floor. Is that what you mean?

static69static

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
www.angelfire.com
Steve, thanks a lot, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Just size it down and will be perfect.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store