10g help plz.....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kraven

AC Members
Jul 18, 2006
Hey hey im new here not too new to fish keeping, and i have a 10g and i have a little balloon molly in there with a a ton of tiny snails, and i need help stocking it. I whant to be able to keep my molly, but right now its kinda boring so i was thinkin maybe a betta probably a female maybe some cories? and yea im pretty lost...... so if anyone has any stocking suggestions to make my tank more colorful or if there are actually any fish with like personaltiy thatd be cool cause i used to keep dps and they were full of personality id very much aprreciate it......:D thnx

attiladahun

AC Members
Mar 11, 2005
more about the snails, please. did you buy them? are they pest snails? how big?

kraven

AC Members
Jul 18, 2006
ty for the suggestions the snails are just pest snails came from some java moss i have they are pretty small the size of this this= :D around i was just wondering if i could put a male and female betta in here possibly breed em or is this tank too small, and if it isnt would there be anything i could trust with em?

Last edited:

tetramoon13

AC Members
Jun 14, 2006
Milton, NH
Some colorful fish are neon or cardinal tetras, guppies, platies....although I don't know how they would get along with the molly, I've never kept any of those.

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
IME, bettas will not breed if kept in a pair in the same tank, although I missed the part of "conditioning" them to breed . Some people also say this is "very dangerous" or "the male will harrass the female to death", but this was not a problem when I kept a pair of bettas in the same tank quite a while ago, as they were together for over a year and the female actually seemed quite depressed when the male died.

Web Gazelle

Guardian Of The Cave
Dec 1, 2004
Planet Earth
My suggestion is 4 corys of the smaller type and one more molly. If you molly is male then get a female if it is female get either male or female. Once you have a male and female and they start spawning I wouldn't attempt to save any fry. Your tank is too small for that.

TheZoo

Curiouser and curiouser!
Apr 12, 2006
melting in Houston, TX
A 10 gallon is too small to breed anything but those tiny little least killies. Mollies, any livebearers, will very quickly fill your tank with fry. Bettas have very specific needs to spawn and produce literally hundreds of fry. Ready for that? Instead, how about 3 or 4 small cories (pandas are nice), and a dwarf gourami, maybe. Beware of adding another female molly, if yours is a female, as most any female from a LFS will be pregnant already. You could try one male betta, but mollies are sometimes fin nippers, which a betta wont appreciate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store