Best Anemone removal suggestions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lucas Kane

AC Members
Oct 10, 2005
The very first fish I got after setting up my reef tank were two little clowns, The fish shop said because it was a reef tank I should get an anemone for them to use so they don’t rub up on my soft corals because that would be bad. So I did, but they have never touched it and now it’s become way to big and it ate my lill scooter blenny :sad: . So I want it out any suggestions on best removal techniques??

Its not on a rock its latched its foot onto the bottom of the glass tank. I placed a rock near it hopping it would climb on but no luck.

RothChyld

AC Members
Feb 16, 2003
Tampa, FL
www.cboss.com
This is always a bad thing to try as their base can be damaged easily but I would recomment using something round with a dull edge. For instance a finger, handle on a fork or spoon, or something to that effect to GENTLY push him off the bottom.

Mike

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
If you have the tank on a stand where you can see the bottom, you can use an ice cube from the outside to make it contract and loosen its footing, then VERY GENTLY use a thin plastic scraper to pry under the foot.

Lucas Kane

AC Members
Oct 10, 2005
ay ice cube trick worked great thanks :D just cooled it down and it let go and i just scuped it up and sold it back to the shop

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
Lucas Kane said:
ay ice cube trick worked great thanks :D just cooled it down and it let go and i just scuped it up and sold it back to the shop
Hehe...glad it worked! I saw that trick years ago at an LFS......

Lucas Kane

AC Members
Oct 10, 2005
Um Well Oscar i am not sure when i got him the store said it was a carpet, It has purple dots on each tentical thats the best i can do sorry

Lorna

Reef Crazy
Mar 1, 2005
Indiana
sounds like a condylactis ....... not natural hosts for clownfish. If it were a carpet they would have been in like flint as carpets are ocellaris natural host

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store