*Turtle 911 - Lost 2" Turtle in Progress*

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GreenHockey

Registered Member
Aug 5, 2006
Ok, say the same kind of 2" red earred baby slider turtle that BearsFan posted about managed to escape into an unfenced yard . . . what would be the best way to bait for it?!?!

Right now I have a shallow dish of water sitting under the bush I suspect he escaped into, will this be enough to lure him in, or is there a better way?

I suspect he went into the shade, but do you think he went in search of something to bask on?

Thanks for any suggestionsor advice you can give me!!!

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
GreenHockey said:
Ok, say the same kind of 2" red earred baby slider turtle that BearsFan posted about managed to escape into an unfenced yard . . . what would be the best way to bait for it?!?!

Right now I have a shallow dish of water sitting under the bush I suspect he escaped into, will this be enough to lure him in, or is there a better way?

I suspect he went into the shade, but do you think he went in search of something to bask on?

Thanks for any suggestionsor advice you can give me!!!
OMG, this is a fish forum, dude. i'd reccomend going to www.reptileforums.com and asking the question there.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
for the record, I'd say your chance of luring him with anything are slim to none.... how can you be sure he walked off and wasn't picked up from a predator.... hawk, raccoon, skunk, dog, cat... the pred's are endless.

aardvark1

Too many tanks are almost enough...
Sep 27, 2005
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
Fishcatch-

Pardon me buttin' in, but sorta of rude there with your answer, guy!. She asked an honest question (should have been "Dude-ette" instead of "Dude" :D ); might have taken a less abrupt tone; might be the way I read your reply, after all no visual cues with written posts, etc. Just my take on it....

Green Hockey-please excuse me hijacking your thread!

Oh! And as for your question-ain't gotta clue!

:dance2:

Toirtis

Keeper of strange fishes
Dangerdoll said:
for the record, I'd say your chance of luring him with anything are slim to none.... how can you be sure he walked off and wasn't picked up from a predator.... hawk, raccoon, skunk, dog, cat... the pred's are endless.
Agreed. Your only chance is to actively and carefully look for him....at that size, should he be wandering about still, he will not last long.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
aardvark1 said:
Fishcatch-

Pardon me buttin' in, but sorta of rude there with your answer, guy!. She asked an honest question (should have been "Dude-ette" instead of "Dude" :D ); might have taken a less abrupt tone; might be the way I read your reply, after all no visual cues with written posts, etc. Just my take on it....

Green Hockey-please excuse me hijacking your thread!

Oh! And as for your question-ain't gotta clue!

:dance2:
I wasn't being rude. notice I had a period. and as for dude.... DOH! :duh:

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
UncaBret said:
So, if you have a period its not rude??? I don't understand.
I wasn't meaning t to be rude.... i'm sorry. I just wanted to say that bringing up a herp subject was not a wise thing to do at a fish website, and wanted to direct her to the right forum, that's all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store