My 20g L *WARNING 56K* pics!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PufferFan

AC Members
Jul 15, 2006
I started about a month ago with just the tank...(A 20gallon Long 30")

then i purchased 2 wisper 5-15 power filters...

next was to build a stand for both this tank and my 10g

i wanted black sand for my tank because i liked the look so i whent to my lfs and bought 30lbs of this mistery substrait...(for 15 bucks!)

next i painted the stand black let it dry over night then moved it too my room. Then i put the 20g on it and preceded to fill. during this i emptyed half of my 10g and me and my dad set it on top next too my MISSING x box... i grabed some rocks i had laying around and put them in the 20.

next i bought a heater... added some rocks and my last remaining tiger barb...

next on my list was a lightstrip and cover. i bought a glass cover which i am growing too like but wasnt found of it the day i bought it...

i have not gotten anything big after that... just some drift wood

Next i will plant and add fish i will update.

Thank you for reading!

Last edited:

icecubez189

User Registered!
Feb 15, 2006
Queens, New York
looking good, plants would definately make the setting look better (not a big fan of black substrate). how long and how much did it take to complete the stand?

PufferFan

AC Members
Jul 15, 2006
Thank you for the coments

I will plant soon... heres my plan

It took me a day to cut glue and nail the thing together, and then 2 days to paint 4 coats.

it cost about $23.oo but i already had the 12" shelfing and my dad got a contractor discout so i have no idea how much it would cost you.

Last edited:

PufferFan

AC Members
Jul 15, 2006

Needeles

AC Members
Jun 5, 2006
Wisconsin
Nice job so far. I think your well on your way of creating an awsome tank. Keep us posted when you get the rest of the decor and fish in.

thefirethief

AC Members
Feb 15, 2006
Scotland
PufferFan said:
It took me a day to cut glue and nail the thing together, and then 2 days to paint 4 coats.

it cost about $23.oo but i already had the 12" shelfing and my dad got a contractor discout so i have no idea how much it would cost you.

Do you trust it to take the weight? Not that I am doubting your craftmanship, im doubting my own. I couldnt make my own stand.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
thefirethief said:
Do you trust it to take the weight? Not that I am doubting your craftmanship, im doubting my own. I couldnt make my own stand.
I was thinking the same thing. I think your top shelf will eventually bow...or did I miss seeing a center support under the top shelf?

Also, I think that mystery substrate is coal slag. If it is, the grains have razor sharp edges and can damage a fish's mouth and gills and can kill them if they swallow it.

I like the layout of the 20L and the artist's conception of the planting.

Mark

PufferFan

AC Members
Jul 15, 2006
thefirethief said:
I do!

I think that the top might bow a little but, I dought it, if you whant i could take more pics of the suports?

i was standing on the top shelf and i wheih like ~185 and it didnt bow
and the bottom shelf could hold 500 lbs because of the center strut.

if it dose bow it wont bow much

^^^^at the back of the top shelf there is a brace.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store