Whats eating My neons

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dryandra

Registered Member
Aug 6, 2006
Yesterday i bought 10 neon tetras for my tank,they are in with 2 discus ,1 angelfish and 1 albino red tailed shark,when i woke up this morning there were only 6 left and the albino red tailed shark was munching on a neon corpse at the bottom of the tank,so can someone please tell me whom is likely to be the one eating them...thanks

onepawnup

AC Members
Jan 2, 2006
From what I understand neons are what angel fish eat in the wild but it could be any fish that can fit one in its mouth. So it doesnt sound like you have a tank condusive to keeping neons

good luck

khombre

Jul 18, 2005
Quezon City, Philippines
Yup, just like what onepawnup said, neons are Angel food in a wild. So the Angel is a pretty good possibility. Maybe you would have to separate your neons from that tank. :eek:

gst4life

New 20 gallon!
Aug 5, 2006
Maryland
Just a headsup, please do Research next time you buy fish if you don't want this to happen again. And I don't think you should buy so many fish at one time, 4-5 fish at a time is suitable if you don't want to big of a bio-load. ;)

Native American

Just Another Flying Fish
Apr 25, 2005
Altus, OK
I'm with the angelfish as the perpetrator.

My neighbor did the same...a fair-sized angel and 4 fairly small neons. Within minutes of getting them into his tank, the angel sauntered over, and...slurp, it ate one of the neons.

v/r, N-A

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I concur..it's most likley the angel Mine ate my oto's.

Discus are also quite capable

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store