Anemone / Coral suggestion?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Morel

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
Yo there hi there,

I have a 15 gallon with 65 (10k/Antic) Watts of lighting. 2 Clown fish (getting along nicely thank you) for about oooh 5 months now (transplanted sand/live rock from a nano I had) With filtration good for a 30 gallon tank.. Tank in good health, levels rock solid, live rock all purple, green growing, and all that good stuff.

Welp, I wanna get something a little more interesting to look at, and since (I think) I have good enough lighting..

Whats a good hardy species to get? :) Preferably one that I won't have to get 500 dollars worth of chemicals and test kits to keep it alive! hehe..

mikelush78

AC Members
Jun 30, 2006
Rochester
My suggestion is go to your local reef shop and look at the bottom of there tanks for small things that may have broken off or baby corals just starting out.... They will be nice and small for your 15 gallon and you will be able to get a few things instead of one larger one... I would suggest mushrooms and leathers.... they are simple and just have to add some phytoplankton to the water once a week... they are also colorful...

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Mushrooms would be a good idea. Or other soft corals. Stay away from anemones in a tank that small. They are too finicky in a large established tank, let alone a small young one.

Lorna

Reef Crazy
Mar 1, 2005
Indiana
yes mushrooms, polyps, & other softies are good for that size tank. NO ANEMONES, they need larger tanks with more water volume, and better lighting than what you have. If you really want something interesting that doesn't require high light but does take a lot of specialized care, a sun coral is cool, it requires target feeding as it is not light dependant........finicky but very neat.....also, what about frogspawn and other euphyllia corals....torch, hammer etc....bubble....etc....your clowns will host in any of these....

Morel

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
Ok great thanks guys :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store