evaporation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jlfnjlf

AC Members
Aug 23, 2006
Hello All,

I have a 125g planted discus tank I am running a WET/DRY system with a UV sterilizer and CO2 injection. I run the tank at about 82 degrees, and I have 2 additional power head (low flow) driven sponge filters in the tank. I am loosing about 4 gallons a week, but I can not find any leeks. the water loss has been consistent, but I am at a loss as to where it is going. Is it conceivably possible that 4 gallons a week are evaporating from my tank?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

John

Needeles

AC Members
Jun 5, 2006
Wisconsin
Pretty much. My tanks all lose a good amount of water in them each week. I have to top off my 20g tanks with about 2 quarts every 2-3 days. With warmer water, lights and water movement it is very possiable to be losing almost 4g a week.

aardvark1

Too many tanks are almost enough...
Sep 27, 2005
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
Living in the Hot and Humid South, I don't lose water via evaporation-probaly gain some!
:rolleyes:

All my tanks are down maybe a quarter inch every week when the PWC is done...

jlfnjlf

AC Members
Aug 23, 2006
With the WET/DRY system the sump is running dry after 4 days or so. If I allow the sump to over fill to much I could flood it if I loose power. On this tank the volume of water in the tank above the overflow is about 6 gallons. I am adding an extra 4 gallons or so, but it is just making it a week before the pump in the sump runs dry.

Thank you all for the help,

John

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store