striped raphael catfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ftf1101

Let it Be
Jun 12, 2006
Well first off i have a 29g tank thats been established with fish for about 2 1/2 months now. heres whats in it...
1 albino rainbow shark
1 neon tetra(5 died early on)
1 spotted cory
2 ottos
2 mollys
2 german rams
1 serpae tetra
1 ghost shrimp
2 molly fry
5 guppy fry
1 african dwarf frog(missing for the last 2 days
2 days ago my brother was at Petco looking for a goldfish and i saw this beautiful striped raphael catfish. so i got it. The guy there said he would b fine 4 a 29g tank. i just want to know if this is true or if he will get to big. Any replies are much appreciated!! :)

ReefRaft

Respect My AUTHORITY!
Apr 18, 2006
no i think your raphael will be fine but next time reashearch you're fish( P.S. read the second sticky on this page its really good!)

fishman1979

Suffers from MTS
Feb 7, 2006
Aldan, PA
from what i understand on these fish, they can get up about 8", so for now ie should be fine.

ftf1101

Let it Be
Jun 12, 2006
ok thats what i heard to. hes abot 2.5 inches now maybe a little less

Toirtis

Keeper of strange fishes
ReefRaft said:
some raphael's are spiny
All are.

Expect 6"-8", and it has a ravenous appetite along with a biggish mouth...expect your small fish (ottos, neon, ghost shrimp, molly and guppy fry, ADF, and eventually the serpaes) to begin disappearing.

ftf1101

Let it Be
Jun 12, 2006
ya i know they r spiny that was my cousin bein a retard! lol but if they start to dissapear ill kno why! thx

corykid

SPACE COWBOY
Aug 22, 2006
WHITBY, ONTARIO CANADA!
ftf1101 said:
ya i know they r spiny that was my cousin bein a retard! lol but if they start to dissapear ill kno why! thx
If ya ever wanna get more african dwarf frogs for ur tank don't they are really cool i know but if ya want more they should be in their own tank with their own kind it is better for them they will be happier and live longer, it would be cheaper to start a dwarf frog tank(i am goin to start one in the near future) because u do not have to add things to the tank like filters and the tank does not have to be very big.

HAVE FUN WIT UR TANK

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store