own

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

1_luv_betta

AC Members
Jul 30, 2006
Oakland,ca
anybody own a flowerhorn fish? wat it like to own this fish? i heard this fish have thsi weird looking symbol on their body and different varity of color.

khombre

Jul 18, 2005
Quezon City, Philippines
Most of the flowerhorns are really aggressive. Mine attacks my hand, draws a bit of blood sometimes. So it is not a good choice if you are planning on putting in some other fish with it. As for the markings at the side, well they really are just black spots. But the Chinese hobbyists take them as chinese characters, something to do with good fortune and stuff I don't understand.

Flowerhorns are hybrids so they come in a wide variety of colors and stuff. Some also have unusually huge freaky lumps on their heads.

What elese do you want to know? They can get quite large so you would have to get a big tank. Not sure if 75gal will do. Maybe 90. :dive:

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
You dont have a big enough tank to keep one, but they usually have them at Connie's tropical fish off of Industrial ave. if you want to go look at them. I forget the cross street but think its 64th.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store