One Click - Forget About It...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Get your posts right the first time. Going back to edit is not an option anymore.

If you are "away" for awhile (vacation, down time, etc.) and want to edit your posting or add pics when you have time, forget that option. Bad spelling? Forget about it.. :D

Just a "heads up" everyone - type it right the first time...

WooHoo !

Last edited:

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
Welcome to 3 weeks ago...

Looks like once you say your moronic bull**** here Joe, it's gonna be permanent.. How will you ever duck and run from the criticism now?

Corax

Nov 14, 2001
There are lots of different reasons to smile, Blue. Some of us just find pleasure in different ways =)

Corax

Nov 14, 2001
DD, it does indeed vanish after 15 minutes which lets most people have all the time they need to correct spelling problems. The ones that don't like it are the people that make epic how-to threads (myself in the past, but not in a long time) or people that have the habit of going back and removing embarassing posts or topics . I'm not a fan of the policy and have said so several times, but it does have its uses I spose =) .

Last edited by a moderator:

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
disappears after 15 minutes. To me, that's plenty of time... I'm so bad with typo's and clicking the mouse that often times I only see the typo's AFTER I post the reply, 15 moniutes is more than enough time to fix my mistakes. Personally, I couldn't care any less for any more time than that except when it comes to the specs postings. The specs postings are kinda silly now because they are untouchable. I mean, sure, you can repost by posting a reply and it may be nice to keep a log or so it would then seem but silly nonetheless. I guess because I've never really gone and "changed" my posted because of embarrasment or whatever the cause, I don't see the point. If I posted something incorrect and came back later on in the thread, I posted a new reply so as not to confuse the thread. Just makes the most sense to me.

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2005
VA-DC-MD
here are the reason why

neoprodigy said:
why the new rules...

1. The ability to edit posts is time-delimited because it encourages people to continue in further discussion, to consider what they wish to say before they write it, and to stand by their comments after they are written. If you ever feel that you've said something unintentional, inappropriate, or erroneous, PM a staff they can edit a post for you

2. Because people sometimes have a tendency to go back and edit their posts days or weeks later which renders a whole thread unintelligable and makes for disjointed reading

3. it keeps any possible disgruntled members from editing or deleting all their posts and threads which would cause other members posts pertaining to the discussion to be deleted.

-neo

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store