Ich & HITH!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

0scar

ichthys enthusiast
Feb 16, 2003
San Francisco, CA
When I found out my Oscars had HITH, I cleaned out the tank and everything. I put in Strees Zym and Stress Coat and everything to dechlor and help them out. But now the big guy develouped white pin-sized dots all over his fins and the top of the tank is full off bubbles in some areas, looking kinda like a betta's nest. I just cleaned the tank, what's wrong with them? What're the best treatments I could do to treat my fish for both HITH and Ich? Please list down every lil detail I should follow and all the meds and treatments I'll need. Every lil piece of advice counts.

I have The Emperor filter system, a very expensive heater [can't read the name or make right now], no substrate [just some marbles], one artificial plant mounted down with a skull decor, and Marine-Glo UV lights. The inhabitants are two Oscars and a Pl*co. Soon I'm adding a divider to seperate the two rivaling Oscars. All of this is within a 55g tall tank.

On another topic...
What would be the healthiest and yet most enjoyable setup for them? Should I add substrate? Gravel, sand, or none? Should I add driftwood, rocks, or empty clay pots for them to play in? Should I add living plants, more artificial plants, or keep it as is?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store