What is it?? Slug, Nudibranch, Flatworm?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shibumi2k

AC Members
Jan 8, 2006
First - sorry for the double post, as I initially asked this in the HitchHiker Thread in the Newbie Forum. Feel free to delete if need be, but I'm kind of in a time jam here and thought that some of you more experienced folks may not visit the Newbie forum as often.

I'm just trying to find out what this guy is - and - if he is reef safe - or a coral eater:

More pictures are here on my Flickr page.

If he's a good guy, I'd like to get him back in the tank asap (already been out and sitting in a cup for 4 hours!!) - hence my urgency and double post.

Thanks again for the help!

P.S. Morgunda has already suggested that I try the Sea Slug Forum , but unfortunately they've stopped taking new messages until they return in October!!

oscar83

AC Members
May 21, 2004
Middletown, NJ
definetly appears to be a nudibranch of some sort but i cant give him a positive ID for you. i looked all over the net and couldnt find a pic that looked like urs. afaik nudibranch are all either harmless filter feeders or algae eaters.

fastbackgly

Molecular Cell Biology Major
Feb 24, 2006
San Diego, CA
Toss him in. He is not a coral eater.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
He may not be a coral eater but, a lot of nudis only eat one thing . Once it runs out of what ever it is that it eats it's going to be a gonner. I'd keep a close eye on my tank make sure nothing goes missing to.
anyway sorry I couldn't help you much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store