Great, how do you pump a snails stomach?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

roper930

AC Members
Feb 6, 2002
Nebraska
pages.ivillage.com
I think my snail's gonna die! The dumb sh*t was on my little thermometer in the tank and in the process of cleaning algea off the suction cup, he ate lots of suction cup, too! There's all kinds of little scrape marks on it from his mouth and now the little guy's just kinda hangin at the bottom of the tank looking like he's had a little too much to drink...
You think this will hurt him? Maybe it'll just pass on thru w/o much problem. Lord knows these guys crap enough to be the envy of any bulimic... :eek:

Beth

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
This is a new one. The most I think you can do is let him pass it if he can but be ready for the worst. I suppose it really depends on the species, how much he ingested, and what kind've rubber it is. You could try feeding him shrimp pellets or carnivore wafers, or something of the like. These are pretty rich in oils and work well when a fish is clogged up. Good luck!

gidget21

AC Members
Mar 24, 2003
Visit site
LMFAO!!! HAHA that is a first i ever heard os a snail eating a suction cup i heard of my friends guinea pig eating an elastic band. lol well happy he is ok lol don't let him near the suction cup lol oh god that was to cute...:D :D :D :D :D

fishaddict

AC Members
Jan 30, 2003
New York
Visit site
Now that i think about this back when my tank was being overrun by little brown snails the same thing happened. There are little scrapes on the plastic suction cup that werent there before. They all seemed to have survived though apparently plastic is in their diet.Sorry i was of no help

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store