Pecular clown and damsels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

scott foster

Who?SaidWhat?ToWho?Now.
Aug 11, 2006
barber4aO.B.Gyn.
I just droped a pecular clown in my 20gal. with my two damsels that have been there for a couple of months. So far so good. This tank is looking awsome. Got alot of fake coral and reefs..........Anybody ever priced the fake stuff? KRIPES it cost more than the real thing. I got close to $150 in the fake reef. SHEEESH..................Right now I got them in the dark the guy at LFS told me that would be the best way to do it since the damsels have been in there a couple of months....................Do you-uns think they will get along?.................That little clown is so cute. Might name him bubba or maybe Dino...LOL......Somebody help me think of a good name if your reading this and board. (no not nemo) LOL......... :D I love this little chit head :D .............I am so excited I think I am going to jump up and turn a flip :clap:

Sonicblast12

AC Members
Aug 9, 2006
I think that the damsels attacking the clown is probably inevitable. Keep a close eye on things, because you might be forced to make a choice. Good luck!

scott foster

Who?SaidWhat?ToWho?Now.
Aug 11, 2006
barber4aO.B.Gyn.
AWWWWWWWWW MAN I hope your wrong........He is bigger than the damels twice the size of one of them......If the choice has to be made, the clown stays........The guy at my LFS told me odds are they will be fine. But is thinking about me, or the $32. I just gave him? :cool:

scott foster

Who?SaidWhat?ToWho?Now.
Aug 11, 2006
barber4aO.B.Gyn.
Just in case anybody cares.........Its been almost 24 hrs. and there getting along fine...............I know its still early..................I hope no GEEHAA is gonna break out. So far they all 3 seem like happy campers :dance2:

Dustin83

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
Orange County, CA
Geesh, I really hope they continue to get along, too. It's never fun choosing which fish to ban from your tank.

A friend of mine had to make that decision between damsels and two 2" blue tangs. He decided to move the damsels. In his case, the problem began within hours of adding the tangs. But speaking of removing the damsels, boy did he have a hard time catching those little guys in only a 30 gallon tank. He had few live rocks that he didn't want to mess around and move too much. We eventually had to move the rocks out of the tank carefully and still had hard time catching them! Hopefully you won't have to deal with any of this. :)

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Dustin's, post is the normal outcome but, you might get lucky . I would guess that your damsels aren't mature yet and " I hope I'm wrong." Just thought I'd add your clown won't be a he for very long so I'd pick the right name. ;)

scott foster

Who?SaidWhat?ToWho?Now.
Aug 11, 2006
barber4aO.B.Gyn.
Well I know if somebody has to go............It AINT gonna be the clown. It is great so far I have been watching them close and the biggest damsel is about the same size as the clown. I have seen nobody pick on nobody. I am still gonna keep the room the tank is in dark almost all the time for about a week. Thats what the guy at LFS advised me to do. SHIIIIIIIISH it is a **** shame we cant put the middle east in the dark most of the time. Maybe they would live in peace.

Colombian_Shark

King Catfish
Jan 23, 2006
I remember wanting to keep my first damsels. After all, it does seem a bit mean to use them for cycling the tank, then just dump them when it gets there. However, I had no choice. They would not restrain themselves from attacking nicer, more-expensive fish that I introduced. Those guys are like aquatic hornets. I've heard that the blue chromis is peaceful, but have not owned one yet.

rhianne_amation

AC Members
Sep 4, 2006
Jacksonville, Fl
Right now I have a blue chromis in the tank with a striped damsela and a domino damsel-the chromis is getting chased all over the place :mad: Especially the domino seems to be very mean, and I'm sure after my cycling is done, he will be headed back to the lfs.

skippy2

AC Members
Mar 14, 2004
holland, mi
Visit site
That is exaclty why you don't need to cycle a tank with damnsels. All you need is the appropriate amount of liverock to cycle a tank. It's not fair to the damnsels to use them. Just because they are cheap is no reason to torture them with ammonia burns.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store