will condy anemone eat fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

read83

AC Members
Apr 16, 2006
i have a 24 gallon nano reef tank w/ a clownfish and a royal gramma basslet. i recently purchased a condy anemone from LFS and was told that it would not pose a problem to fish or coral because it would find its own little spot and not really hassle the fish or coral. is this information correct? any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Maybe for a while. Then they usually start moving around and anything they touch they sting. I will eat your gramma at it's first opportunity ," the basslet will get careless one day. They also get to be about the size of a basket ball I had a condy and it ended up being the most expensive critter in my 90 gall. It ate/stung about $300 worth or critters.
I'd take it back .

Tab64

AC Members
Aug 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
I will agree. They do not actively hunt for fish but they can get large and they have long stingers. Where I live we call them Florida anemones and I always got them because they were very cheap, usally under $6, but when one got my coral beauty angel it had to go. Fish get nosey and if one happens to get too close and the anemone is large enough, nature will take its course. Another draw back for me at least, I have never seen a clown host one. They are fine with large tanks and if you have fish only large fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store