dwarf gouramis, angels, black skirts, and peppered corys

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
i have a twenty gallon with the following occupants:
6 black skrit tetras
1 peppered corydoras
and 1 angelfish (i know i know they need a bigger tank... ive got a school of 6 in my 90.)

i cant put the angel with the others because for one, she is so small, even though she is two years old. i recieved her from my aunt, and she rescued the angel from her neighbors that were moving, and they had her in a 5 gallon for a year and a half, so shes pretty much done growing (she is around 2 1/2 inches long) so, shed be totally out mached considering all of the angels in the 90 are over 4 inches, and two of them (the twins) are almost fully gorwn, and she would be picked on relentlessly. the second reason i cant put him in with them is because she has seisures at random times and when she is pecked at by other fish (i tried to put her with the other angels and she ended up having them whenever they would peck at her for being in their space) besides that, shes fine and is still the boss of the tank, has a great personality, she has great color (some of the best out of my angels), and she keeps the tetras in line.

i was panning on adding two more peppered corydras for sure, but i was wondering if i could maybe add a dwarf gourami to keep the angel company. i had one in the tank with her and they were unseperable (that why i think the angel is a she) until he died from old age (that story is for another day). i thought that maybe she wuold bond to him as she bonded to the other gourami, and i think it would help her get through the rest of her life better (and i dont think its going to be the 10-15 years expected for angels, maybe 4-8 max)

Last edited:

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
eh, I'm not so versed in stunted fish, and I find it crazy that this fish lasted 2+ years in a 5 gallon tank as I am guessing most will. Angels can do ok in 20 gallon tanks as an extreme minimum as long as your maintenance is fine and all that. If she got along well with the gourami before, chances are she will again. Get a very young one, as young as possible so this one can grow with her along side of him.

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
the lfs near me has really good looking smaller ones (under 1 in) that i think would be great for her. i just want to make her life as best as possible even though she has her little "disability"

ive had her for around 6 months but nothing in the area of growing has happened

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store